Forest Friends – Spring Break Enrichment Activities @ the Outdoor Activity Center
By calling now these activities and so many more are theirs to experience!
West Atlanta Watershed Alliance (WAWA) is planning a series of enrichment activities each day April 2-6, 2012. We would like your participation by registering and transporting your children out for one or more of our 90 minute sessions during Spring Break week!
Increasing public access and involvement in urban community forests is a fundamental goal for WAWA. To that end we continue to engage local youth in environmental education focusing on urban forestry, watershed protection and natural ecosystems.
The activities WAWA will facilitate or host during the week are:
· Monday – Discovering Bioponica exploring our unique garden system, repeats morning and afternoon
· Tuesday – Arts and Crafts discovering nature through art, repeats morning and afternoon
· Wednesday- Alliance Theatre’s “Hoppity Hare and the Tranquil Tortoise”Play during morning and Georgia State University’s Biobus for the afternoon
· Thursday Activities-Water/Water Everywhere, Enviroscape model & water pollution demonstration and Edge of Night Camping Clubs-Bug Safari, repeats morning and afternoon
· Friday Activities-Friday morning April 6, 2012, 10:00 AM Upper Chattahoochee Riverkeeper’s floating classroom at Lake Lanier, morning session only. There is still room room for 20 more!
Programs run for 90 minutes and repeat except for Wednesdays Alliance Theatre’s play “The Tranquil Tortoise and the Hoppity Hare”, which begins at 11:00 AM and Friday’s trip to Lake Lanier which requires transportation leaving from Metro Atlanta at 9:00 AM to make the boat departure at 10:00 AM. Children are $7.00 each per session. Depending on the number of participants our morning program has activities running from 10:00 AM-11:30 AM. The afternoon activities run times are from approximately 1:00 PM 2:30 PM.
Reservations are needed for all programs and space is reserved in a first come, first serve basis.
You are encouraged to bring boxed lunches and eat under the trees!
For more information on WAWA go to: http://www.wawaonline.org/
or call Darryl Haddock or Evonne Bythers at 404 752-5385