Spring Break O-Academy Scholarships Available
WAWA is offering opportunities for youth to win a scholarship for a WEEK OF O-ACADEMY (April 5-9, 2021). O-ACADEMY is WAWA’s break camp where youth can play and explore in one of Atlanta’s only old growth forests. Families interested in entering to win an O-ACADEMY scholarship (for youth ages 5-12) should complete the scholarship application (linked below) by Monday, March 22, 2021 at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be determined and applicants will receive an email about the scholarship decision on March 29, 2021.
- Your application must be submitted by Monday, March 22, 2021 at 11:59PM EST.
- Scholarship recipients will be expected to attend the full week of camp.
- Scholarship recipients must give a video testimony, which will be conducted by a WAWA staff member on the last day of camp. The video will be used as feedback to improve the camp, and the video will also be used on WAWA’s digital channels to promote O-Academy in the future.
- Scholarship recipients will be required to pay a $25 registration fee when registering for camp via the EventBrite registration, once the family has received notification that they are a recipient.
- Priority will be given to families that have not received an O-ACADEMY scholarship previously.
FULL CAMP DETAILS BELOW
O-ACADEMY Camp at the Outdoor Activity Center (OAC) provides youth, ages 5-12, with a safe and supportive place to explore nature and help care for our environment. Hosted by West Atlanta Watershed Alliance, our experienced staff are environmental educators and certified interpretive guides, who foster outdoor skills. They are caring, creative and will help your child make meaningful connections to nature.
WAWA will facilitate programming that is principled in our Environmental Education pedagogy including; the power of play, placed-based learning, cultural relevance, inquiry instruction, and social constructivism. These principles are underlying but with the use of the outdoors as our classroom youth will utilize these learning styles while developing knowledge of natural sciences, water hydrology, nature preservation, consideration for living things, agriculture, and cosmology, to name a few.
- Be sure to review our COVID-19 Protocol prior to applying for the scholarship and registering your youth.
- Camp hours will run from 9a-2p to give staff an opportunity to reset each day. Before and after care is still available for purchase.