Summer Camp Registration Open, Scholarships Available
Summer Camp Registration
Registration is OPEN for our Summer Break O-Academy and we are accepting scholarship applications for families with a financial need.
O-ACADEMY Camp at the Outdoor Activity Center (OAC) provides youth, ages 5-12, with a safe and supportive place to explore nature and help care for our environment. Hosted by West Atlanta Watershed Alliance, our experienced staff are environmental educators and certified interpretive guides, who foster outdoor skills. They are caring, creative and will help your child make meaningful connections to nature.
WAWA offers a limited number of O-Academy scholarships for youth ages 5-12. Please fill out this form to be considered. You must also complete a camp registration form and an emergency release form so that we can process your enrollment. WAWA education and administrative staff will award scholarships based on one or more of the following criteria:
▪ Financial need (Household Income)
▪ Proximity to the Outdoor Activity center
▪ Interest and involvement in environmental education/nature/the outdoors
▪ Potential for growth and development through the O-Academy experience
Scholarship recipients must adhere to the following:
▪ Your application must be submitted by May 14, 2021 at 11:59PM EST.
▪ Scholarship recipients will be expected to attend the full week of camp.
▪ Scholarship recipients will commit to completing a video testimony, which will be conducted by a WAWA staff member on the last day of camp. The video will be used as feedback to improve the camp, and the video will also be used on WAWA’s digital channels to promote O-Academy in the future.
▪Once the family has received notification that they are a recipient, scholarship recipients will be required to pay a $25 registration fee when registering for camp via the EventBrite registration,
▪ Priority will be given to families that have not received an O-ACADEMY scholarship previously.
The scholarship closes May 14. (REGISTRATION / SCHOLARSHIP)